Monday, September 9, 2013

Week of September 9, 2013

Yes--we've definitely been eating since the last time I posted!  And yes, I've even sketched out meal plans fairly frequently without posting them.  But I've been quite motivated to get back to more formal planning by Aviva Goldfarb's Family Dinner Challenge hosted over at the The Six O'Clock Scramble.  That inspiration, combined with the start of an extraordinarily busy school year, has me coming back to this blog.

So here's my plan for this week, with links to recipes where available.  I love reading new recipes.  They lead me to new ideas and new techniques when I cook--but I seem genetically incapable of actually doing exactly what a recipe tells me to do!

Monday
Chicken Satay with purple cabbage, snow peas, and mushrooms
(This recipe is a "Glorious One-Pot Meal" cooked in a dutch oven at a very high temperature.  Although all the food is cooked in one pot at the same time, this kind of recipe creates a meal with many distinct elements rather than the slow-cooker-like stew one might expect.)

Tuesday
Vegetable Polenta Lasagna served with green salad

Wednesday
(out before orchestra)

Thursday
Soft Corn Tortillas with pinto beans, roasted CSA veggies, lettuce and tomatoes, shredded cheddar, and guacamole

Friday
Gin and tonics with lime
Curried Coconut Shrimp served over cauliflower "rice" with a side of sauteed Swiss Chard
Sweet Ricotta Cream with berries 

Saturday
Picnic Lunch: spinach and quinoa salad with cashews and dried cranberries; hummus and rice crackers
Dinner with friends: bring a lemon pound cake (recipe from my great-grandmother and namesake)

Sunday
Brunch: Frittata with onions, mushrooms, and homegrown tomatoes
Dinner: lemon chicken orzo with spinach, served with crock pot green beans

See other great meal plans over at Meal Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment